James 1:2

"Consider it pure joy, my brother, when you encounter various trials" - James 1:2

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm Back, back again...

I'm back.  Sorry for the brief hiatus, we've been very busy. 

VEGAS BABY!
Chris and I took a short weekend trip to Vegas.  We had a great time with the exception of the freezing weather.  We left Louisville and 90 degree weather to land in Vegas and 40 degree weather.  We traveled to the Hoover Dam while there and I had In-N-Out burger twice.  In-N-Out is my favorite fast food ever, but it's not available east of Vegas.  I highly recommend it if you travel west.

FERTILITY OR LACK OF.
Over the last few weeks, Chris and I have made a decision about fertility treatment.  We are waiting until after summer to move forward.  The entire experience so far has been mentally and physically exhausting.  We both want to enjoy summer and allow my body to continue to heal.  We are enjoying these few moments of freedom from test strips, needles, charting, doctor apts and blood work.  Chris and I have decided to go with the option Dr. Homm suggested of hormone shots.  He says he will only allow us to do three series because if it's going to work, it will within that time frame.  Each series is one month of shots.  I'm really dreading having to give myself a shot in the stomach, but Chris says he will help me.  :)  I'm more worried about the person I will morph into because of the hormones.  This may be more of a concern for Chris.  Please pray for him. ;)  We will likely begin this in October.  It's very expensive, but I'm praying it will be worth it.  If the hormone treatments do not work, we have decided on adoption.  Please pray for us over the next few months.

WORK, WORK AND WORK
It's the busiest time of year for us.  Thunder, Derby and sweeps all at once.  Dear friends I will be checking out for the next few weeks until I get caught up at work.  I will post pictures of work related Derby events soon.  I met a wonderful lady today who heads up a church doll ministry.  She was such an inspiration.  God works in mysterious ways.  :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment