James 1:2

"Consider it pure joy, my brother, when you encounter various trials" - James 1:2

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

OH BABY!

Well friends, now you know why I've been absent from my little bloggy.  We're having a baby.  All I can say is God is good.  It's been a bumpy road to this point, but worth it. 

How We Found Out:  Something was feeling a little off.  So I took a test, ok maybe three and all were positive.  It was the day before my birthday so I was super excited to get such a wonderful gift.  We only had a few moments of joy before reality hit us that I would have to immediately call the doctor and get a bunch of tests.  The good news is that all of those tests were really good.

First Doctor Visit:  A few days after our positive results, we made a trip to Dr. Homm's office (fertility expert).  An ultra sound confirmed it.  Dr. Homm even said it was a complete miracle, no IVF!  Dr. Homm did deliver some news we didn't want.  I had a very large blood clot next to the baby and part of the placenta had detached.  Not good, but still we remained positive.  Dr. Homm recommended I go on bed rest, but I insisted I couldn't do that with work.  So I started blood thinner shots to hopefully help with the clot.  I have a clotting disorder with a huge name that I can never pronounce, but it's called MTFHR.  Basically my blood clots too much and it causes a bunch of problems like miscarriage, exhaustion and oh heart attack!  I learned how to give myself injections in the stomach and have been since.  This has made my stomach several shades of green, black, brown, red and yellow.  It has forced me to buy my first one piece suit. :)  Humor, you gotta have it.  I will have to give myself the shots until the end at which time my new doctor will switch to another med so I won't bleed out during delivery.  I also had to take additional progesterone until week 13 and a ton of extra folic acid.  All of that made for a tough and rough first trimester.

First Trimester:  Well it's almost over and I'm feeling much better.  I did not think I would ever make it this far.  The good news is that I no longer have to take progesterone.  We are just a few days from week 14 and my baby bump is clearly defined.  :)  I have officially entered the maternity section.  We had a great visit to the doctor recently.  He says everything is normal and baby F is healthy.  All of our tests for Downs Syndrome and other disorders/disease came back normal.  We go back to our regular OB August 19th to hopefully find out what we are having.  We are due January 28, 2012.  In the meantime, here are some Baby F photos.  Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment