James 1:2

"Consider it pure joy, my brother, when you encounter various trials" - James 1:2

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Channeling My Inner Martha

Cooking, cleaning and all that jazz...

I find myself at 28 in the job of my dreams.  I've worked hard to get to his point.  Lots of weird schedules, working holidays and sacrificing family time.  It's all been worth it!  Now as I approach 30, I find myself wondering if I should now strive to be more domestic, you know like Martha Stewart. 


I asked my wonderful husband last night if he wishes I were more of a homemaker and less of a career woman and he says no.  Yep, he earned major points with that.  Either way, I feel like I should maybe cook a little more or learn how to make something.  Maybe I will try to learn how to sew or maybe I will try to bake something from scratch.  Or maybe I should just leave that to the Kroger bakery and not burn the house down. 


My sister-in-law Andrea is so creative and domestic I am often jealous (in a good way) that I can't be more like her.  She makes her own soap, cleaning products and sews like a crazy woman.  Maybe I should try to channel my inner Andrea instead of Martha. :)  I will update you on how it all turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment