James 1:2

"Consider it pure joy, my brother, when you encounter various trials" - James 1:2

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pain = NO SLEEP!

It's 5:30 am and I've been up off and on all night.  The pain from the surgeries is so bad the meds are not even touching it.  I thought everyone was joking when they said, "As long as you don't move you'll be fine".  Yep, they were right. 

The other sad thing is I am sleeping or trying to sleep in a recliner in the living room and I have to call for Chris to help me to the bathroom.  Visits to the toilet are also fun. ;(  First time I had a catheter, friends this is in no way fun.  They took it out before I left the hospital, but it's so, so, sore.  I'm pretty sure there has to be something better than that, come on science figure it out.

My praises: 
1.  My husband and his family.  They have been so helpful and caring.
2.  My family and friends.  My parents are coming to help out this weekend and give Chris a break.  My good friend and co-worker Rachel brought over fantastic food.  She's truly a blessing.  God shines right through that girl. 
3.  My job.  Anytime any medical or family issue has come up, my bosses do not hesitate to accommodate me.  It's nice to work at a place where I don't have to worry about "life issues".
4.  I have to say the nurses and doctors at Baptist Hospital East are truly wonderful.  It was like staying in a hotel instead of a hospital.  I highly recommend that facility for everything. 

Prayer requests:
1.  Please pray for my quick recovery and the fertility issues ahead.
2.  Pray for a family member who's on the job hunt.
3.  Pray safe travel mercies over my family.
4.  Pray for my husband.  He's so kind and patient with me and a true blessing, but he made need a little extra patience this week.

Thanks bloggy friends.  XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    You don't know me (though we have met at B's wedding) but my BF is your SIL. She directed me to your site. Just wanted to say I've been praying for you. I hope you are able to get comfortable soon!
    Best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete