James 1:2

"Consider it pure joy, my brother, when you encounter various trials" - James 1:2

Sunday, March 13, 2011

She's So Vain...

While staring at my new "war wounds" it hit me, my once "young" stomach is gone forever.  I feared ever being considered vain, but now I know I am.  All I've been able to think about since the surgery is that my stomach will never look like it used to.  My twenty something, flat stomach is gone.  Now all that remains is this scar ridden skin that has been stretched during surgery.  I now have seven scars from different surgeries.  I was told during the most recent, a balloon was expanded in my stomach to give the surgeons room to work.  That kind of freaked me out.  My stomach has gone down a lot, but I have a feeling it will need some work to return to "normal".  Anyway, back to why I'm posting about his subject.  I've realized my worry has been over what my stomach will look like and not the fact that I will finally feel better.  I've been worried about wearing the new swim suit I recently purchased this summer.  I've decided I am going to wear that swim suit and my new "war wounds" with pride.  We are taking a trip to Vegas in April which will be a big test to see how comfortable I really am in my new skin.  I'm praying God will remind me not to be so vain and just be happy I'm alive.  :) 

Surgery Update:  As for how I am feeling, I woke up Sunday the most sore I have been since the surgery.  I am sore in places I didn't realize I would be sore in.  I'm healing, but am realizing the recovery will likely be longer rather than shorter.  I won't be doing much exercising for a few more weeks and maybe months.  Please keep me in your prayers.  Love and blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment